Walked into my bedroom to see this beautiful vignette just waiting to be photographed.
- Two hour delay at the airport… scrolling through pics on my phone to kill some time and stumbled upon these pics I took a few months ago…. a few years ago I wrote a blog post about my grandmother and her vast collection of mini ceramic shoes. She loved her tchotchkes but she was incredibly classy and her shoe collection always felt a little quirky next to all her expensive crystal and silver. I, of course, loved them, and when she passed away a year and a half ago, while other family members decided who got what from the silver and crystal, I just requested her quirky collection of shoes. And I got them… most of them anyhow. Interestingly, these three miniatures matched so well to actual shoes I already owned. There were others that match too, but these are the only pics I have in my phone. I bought some shadow boxes last year to customize and display the shoes, but never finished that project. I’m gonna pick it up and finish it after Passover and share it with you. In addition to a bunch of sparkly collectible shoes from the MET, I have an entire display filled with just shit-kicking mini cowboy boots. I don’t think my grandmother ever put on a pair of cowboy boots in her life…. unless Chanel happened to make a version of a cowboy boot at some point in the 70s…. and even then…
- Labor Day Muchness for the Muchkins
- Ya know how some moms can whip up a gourmet meal in 20 minutes with whatever crap they have lying around the house? I’m not that mom. But when you call me at the last minute and need someone to decorate a teachers door by the next morning using whatever crap I have lying around the house, I got that. Special thanks to Instagram #watercolor and #caligraphy #artists for sharing doodles of videos which inspired this 90 minute masterpiece.
- Reader Submission!!! The Muchiest BandAids EVER!!!
- The Super-cool Badass Power of Muchness.